- This event has passed.
AWMI Mid-Atlantic Chapter: D.C. Rooftop Lunch & Monuments Tour
October 14, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm$50.00 – $80.00
Who? The Mid-Atlantic Chapter!
When? October 14th from 11am – 4pm
A presentation by guest speaker, Lauren Schefsky
A D.C. Rooftop Lunch
A Bus Guided Monuments & Memorial Tour
We will kick off the day with a presentation from our special guest speaker, Lauren Schefsky, who is an International Trade Specialist at the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Following our speaker’s presentation, we will move up to Nucor’s rooftop for lunch. Boxed lunches will be provided.
*Please indicate upon registration if you have any dietary restrictions.
We will meet at 12:45pm in the lobby of the Nucor building to prepare for tour.
1:00pm – 4:00pm
A 3hr guided D.C. Monuments & Memorial bus tour will be provided by DC Design Tours. Bus leaves promptly at 1pm.
For more information on tours by DC Design please visit Driving Tours – Washington | Architecture | DC Design Tours
- Please meet us in the lobby of Nucor’s building at 801 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20004. A Mid-Atlantic board member will be in the lobby to direct attendees.
- Parking located at 856 D St NW, Washington, DC 20004. Payment is required to park at this garage. Please do not park in any “reserved” space.
- Once you park, proceed to the elevator. Ring the bell to enter the elevator bay and go to Lobby level.
- If you are not planning to drive, the nearest metro stops are Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter (Green Line), Metro Center (Orange, Blue, Silver & Red Lines), OR Gallery Place (Red and Green Lines)
- Hotel – There is not a room block for this event.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Day of contact will be Kelsey Laessig @ 570-621-8513.